What To Do With Old Blog Posts

What To Do With Old Blog Posts

Rewrite old blog posts to match your current blogging voice

To keep your reader engaged, you may want to rewrite old blog posts to match your current blogging style. If you've been writing for many years, your voice may have evolved over time. You may be a more detailed writer now or you may have added more detail to your content. Either way, rewriting your old posts can help your audience relate to you better and see more traffic.

Before you rewrite your old blog posts, make sure you update them to better reflect your current writing style and tone. According to recent research, blog posts get 50% of their impressions within seven to 10 days. Another 72% occurs during the "echoe" phase, and the remaining 28% happens over a period of thirty to seven hundred days. By updating your old blog posts, you can increase your blog traffic by as much as 40%.

Repurpose old blog posts with new information

A great way to increase traffic to your site is to repurpose old blog posts with new information. It's important to keep in mind that republishing older content doesn't mean you are duplicating it, and changing the URL should only be done for SEO purposes. It is, however, a great way to increase organic traffic to your site and to ensure that your audience gets relevant information from your content.

A blog's archive can contain a treasure trove of information, so make sure to use it in a variety of ways to stay relevant. You can use old blog posts to create new content in other formats, such as infographics, videos, audio files, and podcasts. The possibilities are endless. Remember that your blog's content is still relevant, so don't throw it away! You'll never know when it will come in handy.

Share old blog posts on social media

There are a few things you can do to keep your followers engaged with your old blog posts on social media. Resharing old posts ensures consistency across networks. You can schedule a post to be shared once per week or several times daily depending on the number of old posts and other activities. By using Buffer, you can schedule social media posts months in advance. In general, you should reshare your new blog posts at least twice a month.

To automate the process of resharing your old blog posts on social media, you can install a plugin. Revive Old Post is an example of a WordPress plugin that automates the process of sharing old posts on popular social media platforms. It's easy to install and configure, and once installed, it begins sharing your posts automatically. You can set different time intervals for sharing and choose what category your posts belong to.

Delete old blog posts

You may be wondering whether you should Delete old blog posts. They may have become outdated, irrelevant, or of low quality. Instead of deleting them, try to turn them into evergreen content. Evergreen content is content that is relevant and useful to your readers. However, it is important to remember that you should not delete older posts altogether. If you do decide to delete some posts, you should use 301 redirects to make sure that they remain available for future visitors.

Besides being irrelevant, old blog posts will also leave a bad taste in the mouths of the people who visit them. They may never come back to your blog in the future, so you should find a way to redirect them somewhere else. After all, deleting an old post will cause the default 404 page for the page it links to. If the link to the post is broken, users will be directed to a similar post.

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.